Saturday 18 January 2014

Soup story.......

Having covered winter drinking it's time to do winter eating. Personally, I like soup ..... making it and eating it ....... smooth, creamy, chunky or broth, it's all good as far as I'm concerned. Currently, I'm enjoying Persian Chicken Power Soup by Sabrina Ghayour, by way of Gizzi Erskine out of her, Skinny Weeks and Weekend Feasts.

So easy, so delicious and highly nutritious. Flavoured with turmeric and lemon it is the perfect winter warmer. What's not to enjoy?

Top tip: for puffy eyes and dark circles, slap on a slice of Granny Smith for 15 minutes and let the tannic acid go to work.

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip!


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might try the apple tip - otherwise, back to Touche Éclat! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum …… I LOVE soup and make it every week …… i'm going to try this one and……. bring on the Granny Smith's !!!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cucumber for eyes, surely? The soup sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really getting into soups. I just had one made of lentils, leeks and carrots, plus lots of rosemary from the garden Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good, and Tumeric is supposed to do so much good too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I want to try that apple trick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love soups; if it weren't for soup I'd never get my allotment of daily veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you saw the state of my eyes, you would know how enthusaistically I will jump on the apple circles tip.

    PS Saw a picture of you in the Journal of Cuddling at work the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a big bowl of soup and a chunk of bread

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm currently attempting the 5 ; 2 diet at the mo and soup features heavily - nothing finer for winter lunches. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy, I have soup every day for lunch, chicken noodle almost always, which I buy whenever i see it, though I must say I am thus ingesting loads of salt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had a massive bowl of soup with a doorstep of bread and butter for lunch (strictly veggie for me, tho'!) Great tip with the apples, I will try it. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Will be in London on the 18th of March and back down again on the 3rd
    4th and 5th of April.

    ReplyDelete