Friday 17 April 2015

It starts.....

What weather..... the sun is shining.....
and everything feels a whole lot better. First glass of rose, outside in the warm early evening........ I do hope the summer is going to be sunny.

In other news, I went to a life drawing class for the first time in ooh...... 30 years....... at the suggestion of a friend. When I mentioned this fact to the teacher he was quite surprised...... then I realised he wasn't born the last time I had the charcoal out. I enjoyed it so much am going back next week..... channelling my inner Gustav Klimt. Oddly enough, when I had to do for A level and at Art college I hated it.

Top tip: do something you haven't done for awhile.

11 comments:

  1. Top tip …… go see ' Woman in Gold '.
    Also, it's so much better when the sun is shining not so much when it's shinning !!!!!!! Haha
    Love that you've returned to life drawing. I did A level Art at school and haven't really drawn anything since. I think that I should have a go. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a good tip. A very good tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been doing some art work too, first time in a long while, and loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to the gardening season and outdoor life, winter has been so long and dreary...
    Hope sunshine gives you more inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I have a strong desire to procure a blue gingham tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great tip! Cheers! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gingham does make me feel happy - and Dorothy-ish which is the same thing. Rose gives me a headache but I love the look of it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Envy! Rose gives me a headache too, and makes me argumentative, but I love the taste of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The perfect summer drink.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done going to a life class! I used to go regularly but not in the past few years. How funny that the last time you went the tutor wouldn't have even been born. I expect things haven't changed much though have they? One day I'd like to go back again. x
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I popped by to say hi as we're a similar age it appears . I used to go to art classes before going to work full time again. Now my oldest, who is twenty , and I paint together on Sundays. She got A in her GCSE and AS levels. Now we do painting by numbers but it's fun and our time.

    ReplyDelete