Sunday 12 February 2012

The bleak midwinter.......

The view from the bridge was not good in London on Friday morning .............

Three and a half hours ........


and four trains later........


I had made it to sunny Worthing where despite the sub-zero temperatures, it was a lovely day at the beach.......


As I headed toward the tube to meet him the snow began to fall, like white foam from an over-excited washing machine, it fell fluffy and white and settled on cars and railings and the pavement where I walked. I didn't have a hat on, I wasn't wearing the hideous..... water-proof.... puffy jacket. The snow fell on my face, stung my eyes and wiped away my artfully applied make-up. In ten minutes everything had turned white. This is all a bit Richard Curtis, I thought.

"Hi" he said, kissing me on the cheek, "this is all a bit Richard Curtis......."

Next to champagne and oysters, the snow proved a worthy aphrodisiac......

Top tip: 'Laughing-Boy' Leonard Cohen's new CD, Old Ideas, is so divine it will get you through the bleakest weather February can muster.....

19 comments:

  1. Life is looking up then?..............

    Yay! for Leonard Cohen's New CD. I have played and played and PLAYED it. "Divine" totally sums it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most intriguing! Sounds like life's going well for you.
    Gorgeous pictures and, as ever, brilliant words. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, beautiful text. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOO I'm giddy with excitment. Oh to feature in your very own Richard Curtis situation and have a bloke not only know what you mean but think it too!!!! And just in time for Valentines day. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need the CD. For real.
    I can't believe how cold it must be there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo, this sounds promising ..... you seem to be on the same wavelength. Has a second liason been organised....and oysters....delish and, well, enough said !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have I missed something? If not we need to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures. Sometimes I like the bleak midwinter sky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Strange how the passions rise as the temperature falls.

    Glad you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Champagne and oysters? Blimey, that's a good start! And I imagine that the sketchiness of your outline of how it went is a good sign. Good luck! (Are you still maintaining the Louise Brooks haircut?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh that sounds VERY romantic!!!! I am alone, but for a crunchie and a mug of coffee. But I'm not worried - I have another crunche bar stashed for later :-D

    Love your pix!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like everyone else I'm oooooooh-ing. Love a bit of Leonard.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Worthing! I was in the Norman Conquests there years ago for six weeks in a heat wave. Glorious. This sounds great.. were you reading each other's minds? Good sign, good sign.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Leonard Cohen...le sigh.
    Sounds awfully romantic....more please?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I believe in champagne and oysters, heart-shaped brownies, and that beautiful photo up top.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a bleak grey winter we are having! Can't wait for a little sunshine! Thanks for s topping by.
    Di
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, now I get it. I know, a bit slow on the uptake.

    ReplyDelete